Don’t forget to come find me at http://www.sprogblogger.com
1. We haven’t lost all our magnolia petals despite the rain. Such a rainy spring! Other folks are complaining, but I’m from the desert. This is the best kind of treat, waking up to another rainy day!
2. The gardenia I bought at the farmers’ market is perfuming the whole house. It smells like my grandmama’s backyard, and that always makes me happy.
3. A full day of writing ahead of me. Let’s see if I can actually get some work done, or if I just arse around on the internets all day long…
4. I’m starting to plan a few baby-related knitting projects. This is exciting, since it’s been a while since I’ve knit anything at all. Maybe I’ll get really inspired and make a baby-quilt, too. Listen to the optimist, spitting in the face of the fates by making plans like this!
5. I think that because this all still feels so unreal, my decision to treat this as a pregnancy which will of course succeed, is easier than it would be if it were an IVF pregnancy. Because the circumstances were so weird, my mind feels free to believe that this is nothing like the other pregnancies, that it is, in fact, my first real pregnancy. Stupid, I know, but I’m a bit in awe of my lack of superstition right now, before I’ve so much as seen a yolk sac. Ticker on my website, blithely buying yarn (in non gender-specific colors!) – you’d think I’d never lost a baby before…
I like the feeling.